My time visiting friends and family in my hometown is nearly up and I'll be flying back home to Spain tomorrow. I've been making the most of my time here which is why I've not blogged. Anywho, here is a little wishlist from the brand Noisy May which I found through ASOS. Let me know which piece you'd buy as I'm thinking of making a purchase or two soon. The check maxi skirt is really sticking out to me at the moment.
Okay so I'm feeling much more positive today. Sometimes it feels like I create problems where there aren't any, but it's good to realise when you're doing this, so you can take a step back and look at all the good things in life and how lucky you are. Sometimes you just get used to life being a certain way and so you start taking it for granted. This doesn't necessarily make you ungrateful, but still, they say what really truly makes a person happy is gratitude - watch this cool video to see what I mean!
In other news, I'm flying to the UK for 10 days which is always nice! It's great to catch up with friends and family as I haven't been back since Christmas time. I have a hen-do to attend and another to plan (three of my friends are getting married this year, crazy!)
This outfit is simple and super comfy, apart from these shoes rub like a mother-fucker so I always have to plaster up my feet like crazy on the heel but it's worth it... kinda...
I've had a few really rubbishy days recently but I'm feeling more positive today! The sun came out behind the clouds and I got round to getting on the exercise wagon -read bike- and also got around to taking a few blog photos. Anyway, it was my parcel from ASOS which actually got me out of my slump in the end ha! I love the print of these ASOS trousers, they are described as a peg trouser in scuba print but I would say that they are actually more of a jogger style because of the elasticated waist. They are pretty roomy so I'd advise to size down but I don't mind.
I've been loving all neutral outfits lately so when I spied this lightweight knit I thought it would go well with my white boyfriend jeans. The sun shined for a few hours today so I wore my sliders, but now it's gotten colder so I'll change into some boots when I go out for something to eat tonight with family. Ignore how horrible my hair looks here too please, it's needs to be washed oops! Also no idea why it looks so yellow-ey here, it seems to look different in every post that I don't even know what colour it is anymore..ha
Also, I got nominated for another little blog award, "The Versatile Blogger Award" -- thanks Hayley! I used to have a page for these blog award things but it must have got lost over the years...
The award entails that I share 7 random facts then nominate others for the award, well I'd like to nominate anyone who reads this post to share a random fact about yourself in the comments so we can all join together in weirdness.. okay so let's get on this..
1. My two most recurring dream themes are about teeth and school. Either my jaw is clamped up, my teeth are falling out or they're rotting away. These dreams are horrible and very vivid that I wake up and have to check my teeth are okay! When it comes to school dreams it's always about being late, forgetting to do homework, not being able to find my class or just forgetting to go... Again the feelings are strong and I often wake up being like, but urm, I haven't been to school since 2009. Supposedly these dreams are about anxiety or whatnot as teeth and school are things we rely on for stability.
2. I'm an introvert! I'm not shy but I find small talk really quite awkward, instead I like meaningful conversations about different ideas and concepts. I love my friends and hanging out with people but I couldn't do it 24/7 as I need "me" time or I get really irritable. To some, being productive involves doing things, for me it's being creative or thinking deeply or reading. My mind gets most active when all distraction is turned off (aka right before you go to sleep!) I don't like being the centre of attention, birthdays or the idea of a typical wedding.
3. I do get anxious about a good few things. I even have to measure my blood pressure at home because going to the doctors sends my heartbeat through the roof, they often ask if I ran to the appointment... I remember getting anxious before going to school or work, I get anxious when I meet people who I want to make a good impression on and a bunch of other things like going through security at the airport and having to phone a stranger. I was working as a freelance writer for this one company whose emails made me so anxious I used to refresh my inbox all through the day and would even wake up in the night to check them... needless to say I had to stop working with them after a while as it got too much.
4. School was a weird time! Don't get me wrong I loved parts of it, and I am still really good friends with my school chums, but I went from being a nobody to somebody who was the centre of gossip and rumours. Literally, I started off secondary school as an awkward small girl in braces and glasses who wouldn't say boo to a goose - a boy asked me out and I said no (I'd never even spoken to him...) and they assured him I was boring and "frigid" anyway. Fast forward a few years and I was hearing about my loss of virginity -- when I was still a virgin by the way. I heard a bunch of things about me that weren't true, but you know, I didn't care too much about the rumour mill, I heard worse things about other people and I had good friends. It just kind of made me laugh when I'd hear one person say, oh such and such said you were really quiet and boring and then another say I was told you're really loud and argumentative. Maybe I really was a Jekyll and Hyde case but didn't remember it :P
5. I have a bad fear of cockroaches (and in Spain they can be as common as the household spider which now I don't mind so much...) also I'm not a fan of suspense in horror movies and, embarrassingly, ghost trains. Seriously, there will be young children smiling in a ghost train and I will have my eyes shut tightly the whole time clinging on to whoever I'm with even if it's the shittest ghost train ever.. rollercoasters in general don't phase me though, unless they are just one massive drop- then no. Big drops are not my thing.. also I don't mind horror and crime if it's more focused on the story rather than just building up tension for something to jump out at you.
6. I have a large family, two brothers and two sisters, so I'm 1 of 5 (second eldest). Living in Spain makes me miss them like crazy especially my little brother who is just 7! We never had a lot growing up but always just enough. My childhood taught me to be appreciative and that you don't need to live excessively. I'll never see much worth in a having a lot of money if it means sacrificing your happiness. I know people my age who already own a property and drive a really nice car yet they are pretty miserable underneath it all because they think money solves all problems, but a lot of the time it just disguises them. It's nice that me and my boyfriend can treat ourselves but we also save for our future and try to cut back when we think we're being too excessive.
7. One of my biggest goals in life is to finish writing my novel :) I don't necessarily want to publish it as I will probably be too embarrassed to let anyone read it... ha
Some days you just want to wear your baggy black tee with a pair of black skinnies and be done with it. I added some leopard print boots and a reddy plum lip to add a little something extra. The day started off lovely and sunny but then typically when you plan to take some quick snaps the sky is full of clouds -- so I wacked a filter over the top to spice up otherwise pretty dull photos! This outfit is simple and it feels cool and chilled. I should of added a jacket or something, as I will be when I'm heading out the door in an hour or so... buuuuut I didn't, ha adios!
The weather is getting warmer which means it's acceptable for me to be wearing cropped tops again, haha I'm not over that 90s trend quite yet I'm afraid -- even though the rest of the world has moved onto the 70s... at least my wide leg pants are kinda on trend right? ;) Also, HI BOOBS you couldn't just make yourself look more discreet this one time could you?? siiigh
This is one of those outfits I really liked in real life but didn't look so good on camera - always the case... firstworldproblems! When it comes down to the crunch, what do you trust, the mirror or the camera? Anyway, the outfit is pretty simple, white ripped boyfriend jeans paired with a top with a dipped hem. It was a little dull so I layered on a few silver necklaces and finished the look with my blue velvet boots (aka the love of my life - closer look here). Also I completely forgot to put on any mascara hahaha oops!
I didn't know it, but the notion of yin and yang sits closer to my heart than I would of thought. It has always been a symbol thrown about on hippy-esque necklaces, but oh how we could all take a moment to think about it's philosophy. The world we live in can be very frustrating, take the recent International Women's Day for example. It was brimming with different opinions on what it was to be a feminist and so on, yet it's all very simple really. A race with only men or only women would disappear within a generation, yet together they flourish, so each sex is as important to humanity as the other. Within each person is the ability to emphasise with the people opposite to us, but still there are people who don't do it.
We didn't get to this point by sitting on our asses, the human race survived not because we're the fastest or the strongest, but because we worked together
I, a non-career orientated person respect career-orientated people, but that respect is not always reciprocated. Some people only see success as money whereas I like to think everyone can decide on what success means to them, whether that be money or not. My point is, we have the ability to understand what it's like living a life different to ours because we all are essentially aiming for one thing, which is happiness.
When an extrovert says to me "life is only worth living if you live it big" they are basically saying that my life is not worth living because instead of running triathlons, I'm reading books. Don't do that, don't put someone else's life down to being worth less than yours because they live it differently. We can't have the whole world running triathlons now can we? No, we need other people having interests in other things. Variety is what allows so many people to live in such a small place and still flourish. The more people who who want to do one particular thing, the harder it gets for everyone involved. Take becoming a famous singer for example.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self
This world works in a way where opposites are actually interconnected and compliment each other. This doesn't mean that we have to accept everyone's opinions or that the really horrible evil occurrences out there are permissible or that it's okay to be a bad person or let bad people walk over us. It's more about accepting the everyday person for what they are and celebrating that people being different is advantageous to us all. Working together with our differences is the best way to make us all thrive rather than just the "elite".
The very elements of our survival - food, water and shelter - are controlled by corporations who use people to fuel the elite. They control us with money so they can gain power. These are the kinds of people who don't appreciate that it's the everyday man that put them there today. The only value they see in people is profit.
We've had this drive of people being called scroungers when actually half of the people on benefits are pensioners, our pensioners in this country are not scroungers. 60% of people on benefits are in work, but the wages are not paying enough to feed their families.
Yet I’m sitting next to Iain Duncan Smith, who quite happily labels poor people as scroungers, when you claim £39 for a breakfast, like you can’t afford your own breakfast, when you live on your wife’s estate, and have taken £1.5 million of taxpayers money. That’s what I call scroungers, that’s what I call shirkers.
We have to be the change we want to see in the world and I believe that people should take the time to be more understanding of others and appreciate that we don't all have to follow the path that everyone else took before us. That we can define ourselves rather than be defined by what job we do or what street we grew up on. That we can lead ourselves to be better people rather than waiting for politicians who only provide the illusion of change.
It seems a hopeless task to think that a person with no power can change the world, but this is not about trying to change the world, challenging your own view on it is enough. The people who fail to do so will search the world for happiness and come up empty handed. Happiness is something that we have to find within ourselves. Personally, I need to make peace with the voices in my head that tell me how I "should" be living.
I don't know if I'm making much sense to you but what would a blog be if, every now and again, one didn't ramble on all self-conceited and revolutionary ;) Don't we all sometimes get bees in our bonnet that we have to try and word as eloquently as we can?
I nearly got rid of these leggings, because well leggings don't look that great on me as my thighs are really out of proportion with my skinny-ass ankles. However, my favourite trick at the moment is rolling up the cuffs and I think they look better now as they cut me off at a thicker point. I paired them with a cropped cami but then covered up a tad more with this net jumper thing which I think looks pretty cool but ya know, I'm bias.
Currently at the moment I have two things on my mind, eating a bit better (so hard when I'm a serial snacker) and exercising a bit more. I want to tone up a bit for when the bikini season begins! Wish me luck... Also my hair really needs a good trim, so many frazzled ends!
So today I've put together a little wishlist, a concept which is nothing new in the blogging world. I made a couple of orders around my birthday a month ago but my fingertips are itching to press that order button once again. I think it's because I ordered mostly summer stuff last time so I haven't been able to wear much of it yet. I'm really loving the look of the all the striped trousers if you can't tell ;)
Boohoo Print Top | Zara Joggers | Front Row Shop Shoes*
When you put together an outfit, you always have to remember the rule of three. The rule of three is that your outfit most consist of three key components. So here we have the printed top which is quite an obvious one, then we have the jogger trousers which, with it's subtle white stripe down the side, gives a nod to the sports trend. Then I was indecisive about the third component. I wanted to wear a dark lip, but wasn't sure if that was enough to be the third piece, so I settled on the biker vest. Looking back, maybe the biker vest wasn't necessary, I feel like the dark lip could well be the third component I was looking for. You live and you learn ;)
Subscribe to get my posts sent straight to your inbox!
Adverts help me earn income from my blog so if you would like to support me, please disable your ad-blocking software and click on the adverts that interest you, thanks :)
Top Commentators This Month - Thanks guys!
All images are owned by me unless stated otherwise, so if you use them, pleaselink back to www.ordainingserendipity.co.uk to credit me. If you'd like to use them for commercial use, please ask permission via email.